Stretching to 600 pages and based on the evidence of more than 1,200 witnesses, the commissions report was meant to be the final word on the atrocity when it was published in July 2004. The commission spent nearly two years compiling evidence, including previously classified documents, but apparently failed to discover that a group of young Qataris conducted surveillance of possible targets in the weeks before the attacks.
Hotel staff whose concerns about the mens pilot uniforms and strange behaviour are reported in the cables (see below) do not appear to have been interviewed by the original investigators.
The report also contains no details of Mohamed Al Mansoori, the former Los Angeles resident who allegedly helped the Qataris as well as proving support to the 19 hijackers.
This oversight allowed Mr Al Mansoori to remain in the US undetected for several years after the attack, public records indicate, before the FBI obtained intelligence about his possible role.
However, the 9/11 Commission report does allude to suspicions that the hijackers, some of whom arrived in America more than a year before Sept 11, may have been assisted by a support network of accomplices in the United States who have never been traced.
Two of the hijackers, Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi, are known to have spent several months living in California in 2000, because it was judged a convenient point of entry from Asia and had the added benefit of being far away from the intended target area.
The report states that they sought out and found a group of ideologically like-minded Muslims in San Diego, before departing for a brief stay in Los Angeles about which we know little.
Mr Al Mansoori has been linked to addresses in Irvine and Long Beach, both of which are in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
But investigators failed to prove the support network theory, concluding: The evidence is thinsimply not there for some cases, more worrisome in others.
Overall, the 9/11 Commission found that the Sept 11 attacks were orchestrated by Osama bin Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the head of al-Qaedas military committee who is currently being held in Guantanamo Bay.
It blamed deep institutional failings at US intelligence agencies for failing to grasp the gravity of the threat. (2.01.201, Matthew Moore) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8296913/WikiLeaks-911-Commission-report-hinted-at-network-of-US-accomplices.html
02 Feb 2011
01 Feb 2011
DEMARCHE IN SUPPORT OF U.S.CANDIDACY FOR IMO
9:00PM GMT 01 Feb 2011
Ref ID: 10DOHA60
Date: 2/11/2010 5:03
Origin: Embassy Doha
Header: VZCZCXYZ0005PP RUEHWEBDE RUEHDO #0060/01 0420503ZNY SSSSS ZZHP 110503Z FEB 10FM AMEMBASSY DOHATO RUEHC/SECSTATE WASHDC PRIORITY 9686INFO RHEFHLC/HOMELAND SECURITY CENTER WASHINGTON DCRHMCSUU/FBI WASHINGTON DCRUEAIIA/CIA WASHINGTON DC//CTC//
S E C R E T DOHA 000060 SIPDIS DEPARTMENT FOR INR/TIPOFF AND CA/VO/L/C E.O. 12958: DECL: 02/09/2020 TAGS: PINR, ASEC, CVIS, KVPR, PGOV, PTER, QA, SIPRS SUBJECT: QATAR JANUARY 2010 VISAS VIPER MEETING AND SUBMISSION Classified By: DCM Mirembe Nantongo, reasons 1.4 (b),(d)
1. (U) VISAS VIPER
2. (U) POST: DOHA MEETING DATE: 08-FEB-2010 CHAIR: DCM NANTONGO COORIDINATOR: GRANT GUTHRIE ATTENDEES: DCM, CONOFF, POL/ECON, RAO, DAO, LEGATT, OSC, RSO MEETING NOTES: DCM CHAIRED AND OPENDED THE MEETING.
3. (SBU) THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS PROVIDED FOR WATCHLISTING PURPOSES AS THE DEPARTMENT AND THE NATIONAL COUNTERTERORISM CENTER (NCTC) DEEM APPROPRIATE. WE RECOMMEND THAT MOHAMED ALI MOHAMED AL DAHHAM AL MANSOORI (MOHAMED ALI MOHAMED AL MANSOORI) BE INCLUDED IN THE TSA SELECTEE SECURITY DIRECTIVE FOR RELEASE TO U.S. AND FOREIGN CARRIERS AS AN INDIVIDUAL WHO MAY POSE A THREAT TO CIVIL AVIATION IN THE U.S. AND ABROAD. A REVIEW OF CLASS INDICATED NO HITS FOR AL MANSOORI. POST WILL ENTER AL MANSOORI IN CLASS AFTER TRANSMITTING THIS CABLE.
4. (SBU) NAME: MOHAMED ALI MOHAMED AL DAHHAM AL MANSOORI ALIAS: MOHAMED ALI MOHAMED AL MANSOORI DOB: xxxxxxxxxxxx POB: UAE GENDER: M NATIONALITY: UAE LOCATION: UNK PPT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx A0122037 (UAE)
5. (S) MR. AL MANSOORI IS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE FBI FOR HIS POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT IN THE 11 SEPTEMBER 2001 ATTACKS. HE IS SUSPECTED OF AIDING PEOPLE WHO ENTERED THE U.S. BEFORE THE ATTACKS TO CONDUCT SURVEILLANCE OF POSSIBLE TARGETS AND PROVIDING OTHER SUPPORT TO THE HIJACKERS.
6. (S) THE THREE INDIVIDUALS BELOW ENTERED THE U.S. ON 15 AUGUST 2001 ABOARD BRITISH AIRWAYS (BA) FLIGHT #185 FROM LONDON, ENGLAND: NAME: MESHAL ALHAJRI ALIAS: MESHAL AL HAJRI, MESCAL ABDULLA AL HAJRI DOB: xxxxxxxxxxxx POB: QATAR GENDER: M NATIONALITY: QATAR LOCATION: UNK PPT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx (QATAR) NAME: FAHAD ABDULLA ALIAS: FAHAD MUBARAK R ABDULLA DOB: xxxxxxxxxxxx POB: QATAR GENDER: M NATIONALITY: QATAR LOCATION: UNK PPT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx (QATAR) NAME: ALI ALFEHAID ALIAS: ALI HAMAD S M AL FEHAID DOB: xxxxxxxxxxxx POB: QATAR GENDER: M NATIONALITY: QATAR LOCATION: UNK PPT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx (QATAR)
7. (S) THE MEN FIRST VISITED NEW YORK, NEW YORK AND WASHINGTON, D.C. THEY VISITED THE WORLD TRADE CENTER, THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, THE WHITE HOUSE, AND VARIOUS AREAS IN VIRGINA.
8. (S) THE MEN THEN FLEW TO LOS ANGELES, CA ON 24 AUGUST 2001 ABOARD AMERICAN AIRLINES (AA) FLIGHT #143. THEY CHECKED INTO ONE ROOM IN A HOTEL NEAR THE LOS ANGELES AIRPORT WITH A CHECKOUT DATE OF 10 SEPTEMBER 2001. THEY PAID FOR THE ROOM USING CASH AND, DURING THE LAST FEW DAYS OF THEIR STAY, REQUESTED THAT THEIR ROOM NOT BE CLEANED. HOTEL CLEANING STAFF GREW SUSPICIOUS OF THE MEN BECAUSE THEY NOTICED PILOT TYPE UNIFORMS, SEVERAL LAPTOPS, AND SEVERAL CARDBOARD BOXES ADDRESSED TO SYRIA, JERUSALEM, AFGHANISTAN, AND JORDAN IN THE ROOM ON PREVIOUS CLEANING VISITS. THE MEN HAD A SMASHED CELLULAR PHONE IN THE ROOM AND A CELLULAR PHONE ATTACHED BY WIRE TO A COMPUTER. THE ROOM ALSO CONTAINED PIN FEED COMPUTER PAPER PRINT OUTS WITH HEADERS LISTING PILOT NAMES, AIRLINES, FLIGHT NUMBERS, AND FLIGHT TIMES.
9. (S) ACCORDING TO AA RECORDS, THE MEN SCHEDULED RETURN FLIGHTS FOR 10 SEPTEMBER 2001 ABOARD AA FLIGHT #144 FROM LOS ANGELES, CA TO WASHINGTON, D.C., BUT FAILED TO BOARD. THE SAME PLANE USED FOR AA FLIGHT #144 ON 10 SEPTEMBER 2001 WAS USED FOR AA FLIGHT #77 ON 11 SEPTEMBER 2001. AA FLIGHT #77 WAS HIJACKED ON ROUTE THE NEXT DAY AND CRASHED IN TO THE PENTAGON.
10. (S) BA RECORDS INDICATE THAT THE MEN BOARDED BA FLIGHT #268 ON 10 SEPTEMBER 2001 FROM LOS ANGELES, CA TO LONDON, ENGLAND. THE MEN RETURNED TO QATAR ON BA FLIGHT #125 FROM LONDON, ENGLAND TO DOHA, QATAR ON 13 SEPTEMBER 2001.
12. (S) A SUBSEQUENT FBI INVESTIGATION REVEALED THAT THE MEN,S PLANE TICKETS WERE PAID FOR AND THEIR HOTEL RESERVATIONS IN LOS ANGELES, CA WERE MADE BY A CONVICTED TERRORIST. THE INVESTIGATION ALSO REVEALED THAT THE MEN SPENT A WEEK WITH MR. AL MANSOORI TRAVELING TO DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS IN CALIFORNIA.
13. (SBU) MR. AL MANSOORI,S VISA WAS REVOKED AFTER THIS INFORMATION CAME TO LIGHT, BUT HIS NAME WAS NOT WATCHLISTED IN THE CLASS SYSTEM. POST RECOMMENDS THAT MR. AL MANSOORI,S INFORMATION BE ENTERED INTO THE CLASS SYSTEM ON THE BASIS OF THE ONGOING FBI INVESTIGATION AND HIS POSSIBLE TIES TO TERRORISM.
14. (SBU) DOHA,S VISAS VIPER COORDINATOR IS CONSULAR OFFICER GRANT GUTHRIE. Lebaron
"To Achieve World
Government it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism,
their loyalty to family traditions and national identification" Brock Chisholm - Director of the World Health Organization
"A society whose citizens refuse to see and investigate the facts, who refuse to believe that their government and their media will routinely lie to them and fabricate a reality contrary to verifiable facts, is a society that chooses and deserves the Police State Dictatorship it's going to get." Ian Williams Goddard
The fact is that "political correctness" is all about creating uniformity. Individualism is one of the biggest obstacles in the way of the New World Order. They want a public that is predictable and conditioned to do as it's told without asking questions.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson